Strange Mercy

"... and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

Name:
Location: Mid-Atlantic Sprawl, United States

I'm a former idealist turned 'defensive pessimist' who has concluded, after living on two coasts, two continents, and an island, that most of us spend our lives as prey, economically and psychologically. Awareness is the key to understanding this; but once we understand it, we may transcend it, choosing, when we can, to be neither prey nor predator.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Isaiah Speaks

I came to you for comfort, and you despised me;
I came to you for kindness, and you turned your face away.
I came to you for shelter, and you closed your heart and mind;
I came to you for mercy, and you mocked my pain.

But in the garden of the Lord, the bonsai and sequoia
Grow side by side.

Blessed is the Lord, whose ways are not our ways.
Blessed is the Lord, whose thoughts are His own;
whose mercy we may share.
For He is found by those who never knew they sought Him,
And reaches out to those who do not even know His name.

And in the garden of the Lord, the perfect and the broken
Dwell side by side.

© 2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home